Talks & Writings
FAQ | Contact
Lea Redmond's "To Do List"
1. Have a silent tea party with blindfolds so everything is served and shared through touch.
2. Cut a small slit in your pillow, insert your hand and feel the feathers, then sew it back up.
3. Pet a moth.
4. Type with your tongue.
5. Touch the tip of every spike on a cactus very carefully.
6. Spell sentences into each other’s palms with a finger.
7. Document sleep wrinkles.
8. Carefully pour a handful of sewing pins back and forth between your hands.
9. Remove and save every seed from the surface of a strawberry and send each one to a different person in an envelope.
10. Unroll an entire spool of thread onto your bare feet.
11. Choose a pair of pants and run your finger over every seam and stitch.
12. Have a friend select 10 garments from your closet and try to identify them all by touch with your eyes closed.
13. Arrange your socks into a kaleidoscopic pattern on the floor.
14. Hide dimes at the eye level of small children where adults won't see them.
15. From memory, draw a floor plan of the earliest home you remember living in.
16. Draw a tiny picture of your personal superhero and tape it to your toothbrush.
17. Take a walk in a shape of your choosing – plot it out on a map either before or after.
18. When a child is sitting behind you on the airplane, turn your barf bag into a puppet.
19. Make paper airplanes out of your paychecks before sending them to your bank.
20. Collect carpet lint and then juggle it.
21. Write a message on a friend's porch by arranging leaves into words.
22. Grow flowers in the basket on the front of your bicycle.
23. Replace a door inside your house with fabric and a really long zipper.
24. When guests come over replace your toilet paper with a little basket of leaves.
25. Hide notes to future readers in library books.
26. Leave jokes on paper for your post-person every day, each day providing the answer to the joke from the day before.
27. Plant a seed and camp out next to it, watching it every moment until it sprouts.
28. Glue wiggly-eyes onto your face on your driver's license.
29. Perform miniature story slide shows with tiny hand-drawn pictures in front of a door peep-hole after knocking on a neighbor's front door.